Staggered School Week (DMS and DHS Only) the Month of January
a. ½ of students on Campus Monday and Tuesday, online Wednesday, Extended Learning Thursday and Friday (Students with last names beginning with the letters A-J)
b. ½ of students on Campus Thursday and Friday, online Wednesday, Extended Learning Monday and Tuesday (Students with last names beginning with the letters K-Z)
c. We will allow students of the same household with different last names to be on the same days
e. Feeding Program Continues (3 days of meals will be sent home each week)
g. Positive COVID cases will be re-evaluated in mid-January to determine if staggered weeks need to be continued in February
Our teachers are using the week of December 14th - 18th to work out the details and prepare for our students' return on January 4th. Later this week, both DHS and DMS will post more information to help our parents and stakeholders with this alternative schedule.
Please understand that this move is to slow down the spread of COVID-19 before having to move to full remote learning.
You can help slow the spread of COVID-19 in our area by following these precautions.
• Make sure you wear a mask while in public.
• Make sure your mask covers your nose and mouth.
• Make sure you wash your hands frequently.
• Do not share food or drinks with others.
• Make sure you cover when you cough or sneeze.
• Frequently wash winter coats, jackets, cardigans, etc...
• Do not attend social gatherings. If you do, be sure you and others wear masks and practice social distancing.
We apologize for any inconveniences this may cause and hope we can get back to a full typical school week for all of our Demopolis Tigers in February.